I’m a little behind on publishing this regular listing of the previous month’s posts. My stint as an au pair this week and my struggles with the new computer have interfered with my regular schedule. Plus Susanne was away and we missed some of her regular Monday posts. So here’s the roundup of July 2016 posts — better late than never.
Holding on to Summer
Here we are well into the last real month of the summer and already the fall sales and fashions are appearing. I don’t want to see them. I don’t want to hear about school or apples or wool sweaters. New England summers are so short that I want to hold on to what little warm air and sunshine we have remaining. Rain would be good, though.
Because I’m away this week being an au pair, I don’t have the time or the resources for my usual Thursday post about Boston. This summary will have to do. For readers who want to see all the posts I have written about the city, check out the page called Posts About Boston (what else?) for a complete list.
Business and Technology
- When Automation Drives Progress — Aline
- Smartphones Change Society — Aline
- Cybernics, Robots and Caretakers — Aline
- The Robot Army Marches On — Aline
Boston and History
- Haddon Hall: Tall in the Back Bay — Aline
- Legal Sea Foods’ Scientific Fish — Aline
- The Province House Steps Connect 3 Centuries — Aline
- Independence Wharf Observation Deck — Aline
Friends and Family
- The Long Good-Bye — Susanne
Food and Cooking
Life and Culture
- Notes on My Summer Garden — Aline
- The Sociopath and the Presidential Candidate — Aline
- Media Hype and Misinformation — Susanne