The first two months of 2014 were busy for a lot of people and cold for nearly everyone. If you were caught up in new business strategies, attending sales kick-off meetings, putting on trade show exhibits, splitting wood or shoveling the front walk, you may have missed some of the blog posts that Susanne Skinner and I published in that time frame.
In case you did, I have put together this compilation of posts from January and February 2014 organized by topic. The Next Phase Blog is about things that interest us so these posts cover a pretty broad spectrum. Light the fire, make some popcorn, put your feet up and catch up.
Business and Technology
- The Kaplan Sliding Tax Scale: Solving Two Problems with One Idea
- Are We People or Are We Machines?
- Can “Boston Strong” Mean Innovation Leader Once Again?
- Unemployed Men and Endangered Species
- Wait Until the Pay Gap Catches Up with You
- Employee Recognition—Thank You for Thanking Me
- The Ghosts of Employment Past and Present
- Is College Worth the Cost?
- Majoring in Life: You Want Fries with That?
- Everything I Learned in College Was Outside the Classroom
- Life 101, Lesson #11: Problem Solving
Climate & Weather
- Chill Out: The Colder Side of Global Warming
- The Bird Feeder Expedition
- The Polar Vortex and the Little Ice Age
- Godzilla Syndrome on the West Coast
Art and Museums
- The Met’s American Wing Flies High
- The Monuments Men: WWII Treasure Hunt
- Art from a Second Gurlitt Trove Recovered
Life and Culture
- Great Depression Syndrome Redux
- The Celebrity Endorsement: It Ain’t Necessarily So
- The Empty Store: Customer Satisfaction is Up to You!
- Where Are You From?
- Three Reasons Why Most Americans Speak Only English
- A Clean Slate
- Intentions: Better Than a New Year’s Resolution