We should congratulate ourselves. We have made it through a contentious election followed by Thanksgiving with friends and family who have multiple — and often conflicting — positions and opinions. Whew! I’m glad that’s over.
Now we can enjoy parties with yummy food and drink in gatherings of people who just want to look ahead and get along.
Last week I made coconut-lime banana bread and Suze’s cranberry-apple Bundt cake. Between my baking and my son’s two giant lasagnas, our new Whirlpool oven is getting a workout. With two more meetings coming up this weekend, I need to buy another five pounds of flour and about three pounds of butter.
Another Boston By Foot tour season has ended. No more leading groups around Boston for me until next spring. Each year I experience a definite withdrawal from the excitement of driving into the city and meeting wonderful people from all over the world. But I also feel some relief at getting more time for other things.
Like Christmas shopping, which I have started but not finished. I did, however, begin my pre-Christmas angel posts last week with the Church Court Angel.
If you have time to kick back by the fire, here’s a roundup of November 2016 posts so you can catch up on any you missed.
Roundup of November 2016 Posts
- Mystique Turns a Very Spry 80 — Aline
Boston and History
- A Beacon Hill with a Boo Halloween — Aline
- Northeastern and GE Lead the Way in Architecture — Aline
- Pemberton Square and the John Adams Courthouse – Aline
- Inside the John Adams Courthouse — Aline
Business and Technology
- The Dangers of Data Mining — Susanne
- Four Views on Robot-Human Engagement — Aline
- The 2016 Election and the Economy — Aline
Lifestyle and Culture
- The Week That Was – Susanne
- 2016 Election Ironies and Hypocrisies – Aline
- This Thanksgiving Give Simple Thanks – Aline
- The Face of the Homeless Veteran — Susanne